We are currently developing an online, open-access database of early modern Hebrew, Yiddish, Ladino and Judeo-Italian texts, which are either wholesale or fragmentary translations of non-Jewish works. The database covers the period 1450 - 1830. We hope to launch a pilot version of the database by the end of 2022.
Here you can follow our progress:
- November, 2019: 300 translations.
- September, 2019: 225 translations.
- August, 2019: 166 translations.
- May, 2019: 80 translations.
- February, 2019: 8 translations.
Contributions to the database are welcome. For details, please contact the project's administrative manager, Raya Even David: rayaED(at)bgu.ac.il.